“Healthy citizens are the greatest assets any country can have.”
Our recreational quiver brims with sports, games and activities that will have you calling for more. Whether you are a football novice or an accomplished basketball aficionado, chances are, you will find something at ABBS that will capture your interest.
ENRICHMENT & NETWORKING
Enrichment makes something more meaningful, substantial, rewarding…
Arts, Media and Entertainment (AME)
AME strives to increase awareness in the arts, media and entertainment arenas through education and professional opportunities, network-building with alumni and industry representatives, and showcasing the creative talent and artistic diversity within the ABBS community.
Big Ideas Club
The ABBS Big Ideas Club disseminates, discusses, and debates ideas that can transform our world. These may be 5 years away or 25, they may be unproven or inevitable, but all are united in their potential to change lives, industries, and institutions.
The Education Club brings students to engage with leaders in the field, discuss current education issues (ranging from school reform to higher education), and connect through networking opportunities.
The Energy Club seeks to become the center for energy-related interactions at ABBS by bringing together students, faculty members, and guests to explore issues impacting the oil and gas, wind energy, solar energy, fuel cell and power sectors, as well as energy security and the environment.
E-Club provides exposure to mentorship and networking opportunities with outside business owners and builds relationships between ABBS and the entrepreneurial community.
Finance and Investment Club
The F&I Club provides its members with a forum to explore and learn about various aspects of the financial world.
Food & Agribusiness Club
The Food & Agribusiness Club serves to advance the career and educational interests of the ABBS community in topics related to food and agriculture. It also facilitates cross-disciplinary engagement on topics of agriculture with relevant ABBS clubs and academic departments.
Government and Politics Club
The club’s mission is to provide a non-partisan forum to discuss government and political issues, bring government officials to campus as speakers, and offer opportunities to meet with government officials in Bangalore and elsewhere.
Health Care Club
The Health Care Club (HCC) at ABBS strives to provide co-curricular opportunities for ABBS students looking to build their future career in health care. Through a host of networking events, speaker series, and social events we help foster a vibrant community of health care-minded peers.
Management Consulting Club
The Management Consulting Club brings students together who are interested in the profession of consulting.
Outdoor Adventure Club
The OA Club sponsors outdoor adventures year round. OA also works to facilitate and build relationships with outdoor companies and leaders to increase awareness of the industry.
Social Innovation Club
The Social Innovation Club serves ABBS students interested in exploring innovative ways to tackle the world’s most pressing social challenges and improving livelihoods for low-income populations domestically and internationally.
Sustainable Business Club
The SBC connects students with business, technology, and policy leaders in fields such as sustainable services, clean energy, water resources, and climate change.
View from the Top (VFTT)
View from the Top (VFTT) is the premier speaker series at the ABBS. Each year, the series brings leaders from a variety of industries to campus to discuss their business and leadership philosophies with students.
Women in Management
WIM is a student-led organization that supports women achieving their full professional potential by providing mentorship, guidance, and a forum for education and the exchange of ideas on issues women face in leadership roles.
Family Business Club
The Family Business Club advances family business interests of students faculty members and affiliated individuals of ABBS. The club regularly brings in local family business owners organizes site visits to family-owned companies and provides growth and development opportunities aimed at students who will be returning to a family business post-Management degree.
Small Business Consulting Program
The Small Business Consulting Program (SBCP) is a student organization which offers members the opportunity to complement their studies with the practical application of business skills and tools while contributing to the local business community.
Enrichment Through Creativity
One easy way to extend and enrich the curriculum is to use the “SCAMPER” strategy. Have the students brainstorm ideas to solve a problem or create an invention/product, then apply any of the “SCAMPER” techniques to encourage elaboration and alternate ideas: Substitute Combine Adapt Magnify Put to other uses Eliminate Reverse or Rearrange
ABBS Adventure Club
A rage among students at the campus, adventure sports lay stress on physical fitness, games and sports and adventure that aim to increase their productivity level as well as sensitivity and awareness towards teams and the environment. Participation in adventure and related outdoor activities promote among students leadership, courage, vigor and a sense of self growth and comradeship. ABBS Adventure Club has many activities such as:
- Air Gun Shooting
- Bamboo Rafting
- Scuba Diving
- White Water Rafting
- Wave Surfing
- Tunnel Exploring
- Cave Exploring
- Chimney Climbing
- Para Sailing
- Sky Diving
- Micro Light flight
And many more..
Bioinnovation: ABBS Biotech Association
The goal of the association is to provide graduate and post graduate students to participate in various competitions (including seminar, extempore, poster presentation, Debate, collage, paintings ), guest lectures, Community works, industrial visits etc.
This association also provides an opportunity to meet individuals with a unique expertise in the field of Biotechnology by conducting symposium, conference, seminar, workshop etc in collaboration with Industries and research institutes.
Being a member of this association benefits all graduate, postgraduate students and faculty members of ABBS-Life Science to strengthen their knowledge with practical experience. It helps students to showcase their talent, develops organizing capacity and nurturing leadership qualities among them. This association works with fruitful deliberations on advanced technologies that aim at successful handling of the challenges in these areas for improving the quality of life.
Participation in cultural activities results in enhancement of the personal skills and experiences like confidence; self-presentation; teamwork and collaboration; time management and organizational skills; self-awareness; self-discipline; open mindedness to move beyond boundaries and experiment with different ideas; communication skills; the ability to cope with criticism and learn from them resulting in a whole new developed, changed and an improved person.
The Cultural club takes initiative in organizing the events like Teachers Day celebration, Fresher’s Day celebration, Fare well parties, Ethnic day Celebration, Kannada rajyotsava celebration etc.. These programs include activities like
• Singing Competition
• Classical Dance Competition
• Fusion Dance Competition
• Rang Manch “Skit”
• Just A Minute
• Color-O-Mate(Face Painting)
• Rangoli Competition
• Face Painting
• Collage making
• Fashion show
• Mr. and Miss. ABBS
• To inculcate Culture understanding by reviewing interesting and unique films.
• To educate viewers on various aspects of management by brief presentations of notable importance about the film.
• To improve social wellbeing in campus by bringing members together to share experience.
The Club, entertains though entertainment movies, documentary films & speech of eminent personalities which comprises the areas like mythology, communication, politics, cultural issues etc. The selection of movie is based on the themes like contemporary issues, learning lessons from the people who excel in their fields and strategic issues which help the individual to confront the real life situation. The notice for the upcoming movie will be displayed on the Notice Board and social media page, which is developed by the students.
FinABBS Club organizes activities to assist members in evaluating careers in finance and identifying current career opportunities, extend the practical finance education with job-specific knowledge and connect members with alumni and other finance professionals.
Some of the club’s more popular events include
• Online Trading Game
• Case Competition
• Guest Lectures
• Movie Day/Night – watching “The Boiler Room” & Discussion
• Finance Club meet
• National Level Seminars/Conferences
• Workshop on Financial Modeling and Valuation with training (in Excel)
• Round Table
• Essay and Elocution Competition
• Career Development Speech on a variety of topics
• An annual trip to RBI and BGSE and other trading floor
• Article Review
• Course Bidding Workshop (for selecting specialization)
• Finance Club Farewell Party for Graduating MBAs
• Social Events and Activities
• Pre-Budget Discussion
• Post Budget Discussion
• Guidance for Topic Selection (Final Project)
• Resume reviews and Mock Interviews
• Company hosted Seminars (Day in the life of a trader)
• Institutional Visit (Banks, Stock broking Companies, Insurance Companies etc)
• Research Reporting
• Treasure Hunt
• FINANTHA Finance Anthakshari
• FINACH (Annually)
Film Appreciation club
The innovative teaching practices at ABBS involves a very powerful medium of audio-visual presentation in the form of socially relevant movies, documentaries and short films. The film appreciation club was launched with an objective of enhancing the creative side of a student. It is important as it fulfils the purpose of Infotainment, i.e., Information with entertainment. Education should be an empowering process that allows and guides students to develop their passions, critical thinking, compassion, and orientation towards wisdom for timely action. Visual media has gained deep influence in the life of the people, especially the young minds.
The program responds to three important needs in the process of improving education and teaching:
• To further the theoretical knowledge and understanding of aspects of the visual language, develop visual sensitivity and improve the ability to use this language wisely and critically for the purpose of teaching and learning.
• To deepen familiarity with the possible uses of visual aids for the purpose of teaching and learning in the fields of visual art, improve the skill in using them and encourage original development of such aids.
• To encourage research-based practice in visual arts and experience in theoretical and applied research that takes the different aspects of visual literacy into account, with the purpose of providing appropriate education for the promotion of social and environmental goals.
• To Communicate -The process of exchange of facts, ideas, opinions and as a means that individuals or organizations share meaning and understanding with others.
• To inform – To inform the individual or a group about different subject. It helps a person to be aware of everything that happens around the world.
• To Educate – It is to have an open mindedness and being able to differentiate between right and wrong.
• To Entertain -It helps people to make their recreational and leisure time more enjoyable. Media content is designed to appeal to the lowest, denominator of tastes.
• To enable the stakeholder to gain knowledge and insight on Industry.
• To support stakeholders in gaining experiential learning
• To foster their skills in marketing and professional arenas
• To build network with industry to gain updates on contemporary business practices