ABBS CASE CHAIN 360°
The Faculty of B Schools write and develop cases as part of their teaching assignments or as research insights for A publication. There are many peer reviewed national and international journals that accept the cases written in Indian, Asian and Global context. These multidimensional cases project the realism of emerging markets and enable stakeholders to develop optimism on the emerging paradigms of such projections.
We, at ABBS, have understood the need for developing skills for case ideating, understanding the case rationale and multiple solutions that can be cited for the effective, managerial decision making. The faculty can drive the concepts and practical solutions relevant to industry requirements. The vetting of such practical cases by industry veterans will facilitate the faculty to deliberate on the business nuances. Few cases can bring out multiple complex dimensions of business and the difference that knowledge, skills and expertise can make.
As ABBS student, one will enjoy cases written by their own faculty who have a passionate way of discussing business issues and solutions. They will work with their ABBS teachers to scout for newer business formats, techniques, solutions and wisdom. Their inquiring mind will prepare them ready for “1 st Job 1 st hour”. Their close connect with the company will allow them a closer look at corporate processes, people and technology.
The ABBS CASE CENTER will be a sounding board bringing fresh case writing concepts, methodologies, develop a repository of cases of India, Asia and World. The faculty will be motivated to visit the case related companies and create cases for publication of top end Journals like- International Journal of Case Studies, International Journal of Management Cases, International Journal of Teaching and Case Studies, Journal of Business Cases. Leading Indian publications like IIMA Vikalpa, IIMB Management Review.
The faculty case team includes- Dr.Padma Srinivasan, Dr.Kshitiz Sharma and Dr. Ravi Shankar Bhakat and Prof.Joswa Stanly. The faculty will bring 2-4 students of their choice and the ABBS team will have 10-12 members who will regularly meet and work on cases.
Case Reviewers Panel
Dr.Venkatesha (Marketing), Dr.S.Baskaran (HR), Dr.Prashoban Palakeel (Economics), Dr.MP Vithal (Finance), Dr.Sireesha (Corporate Governance), Dr.Ashok Anand (Business Environment) and Dr.Vivekanand (OB)
ABBS Management Business and Entrepreneurship Review (AMBER) is a bi-annual Journal of ABBS. It has continuously published for the last 8 years. The latest issue is Volume 8 – Issue 1, making in total 15 issues coming out from the institution. The journal aims to offer a platform to disseminate the new knowledge created. This is an opportunity for the academicians, researchers, corporate and students to publish their research contribution in management and related subjects. Journal provides necessary teaching and reference material not only to the students and faculty of ABBS, but also to other Management institutes.
AMBER is a theme based Journal. NGO Management, Retailing, Corporate Social Responsibility, Tourism and Financial Inclusion are some of the illustrative themes. In addition to research articles, other sections in the Journal are Book Review, Case Study, Student Corner (An article from Post Graduate management Students) are included in each issue. The articles received would be blind reviewed by members of the Editorial Board. For each theme experts are also drawn from industry, academic and Research institutions for reviewing. Mailing list of AMBER has the list of Five hundred institutions. This is in addition to the soft copy dissemination through different platforms.
The journal has been indexed in I-Scholar and J-Gate. The journal has an ISSN number 0976-3341
(International Journal – Students)
ABBS STEMME is a bi-annual journal brought out by the Acharya Bangalore B-School, Bangalore. The word ‘STEMME’ is derived from Danish, which means ‘Voice’. ABBS STEMME is synonymous with student’s voice. Students can explore and excel in their ideas through this journal. One of the Missions of ABBS is to encourage knowledge synthesis through active faculty-student interaction and to impart professional ethics and social responsibilities. This journal ‘ABBS STEMME’ provides a platform for management students to contribute to the body of knowledge.
AIMS & SCOPE OF THE ABBS STEMME
There are many Management Journals across the Globe that allows ample scope for the Management Faculty, Research Scholars and Industry professionals to showcase their scholastic contribution in the area of management. They can publish their empirically researched articles and case studies in many areas. Though there are abundant referred journals available across the Business schools, institutes and universities and these forums are available for Management Students as well, they are not in a position to utilize the available opportunities. They predominantly use this space for academicians compared to Students. On the other hand, the budding student’s scholastic contribution cannot be equally benchmarked with the senior research community. Hence, there is a well-defined need and dedicated and exclusive space for the Management students to showcase and publish their articles, case studies etc. ABBS ‘STEMME’ provides platform for management students to contribute to the body of knowledge.
Objectives of ABBS Stemme
ABBS has pioneered to create and provide a platform to the Management students with the following objectives.
- It is an exclusive, distinct and unique opportunity dedicated to Management students only.
- They can publish empirical articles, case studies, profile studies, articles on application of management theory and framework in an actual industrial situation.
- The Faculty members will extend necessary help to the students in mentoring and advising in writing and publishing the articles.
- This will enable them to start preparing for their Ph.D. and such other higher research pursuits.
This journal will have all the necessary ISSN and will have the total recognition of authentic and well-recognized Journal.
THRUST AREAS FOR PUBLICATION
Management students would be encouraged to contribute research papers & case studies in the following areas.
Submission Rules & Guidelines
Instructions for Authors
- All submitted manuscripts must be; (i) original, (ii) unpublished (including any online publication), (iii) not under submission at another journal, and (iv) not under consideration for publication in another form, such as a monograph or chapter of a book. You may not submit your manuscript for publication elsewhere until an editorial decision is made by the Journal. Failure to observe this rule may result in rejection of your submission.
- All manuscripts must be submitted in Word format and must not exceed 8 pages, with Times New Roman font, 1.5 line spacing, 12-point font, 1-inch side margins, and 1.5- inch top/bottom margins. This page limit includes internal appendices, reference lists, figures, and tables. Manuscripts exceeding these limits will be automatically rejected. However, the manuscript must be self-contained so that readers can understand it in its entirety without having to rely on any separate material.
- Referencing should be in APA format.
- Tables and figures can appear either embedded or at the end of the manuscript. Please ensure that all variables and graphs are clearly labeled and easily understood.
- An abstract of no more than 250 words must be included as part of any submission.
- In the first page of the paper (cover page), please provide full names (first, middle and last names) and full addresses (institute's address and correspondence address) along with email address of the author(s).The author's name or affiliations should not appear anywhere else in the body of the manuscript, because our peer-review process is blinded.
- The actual paper should commence from the second page containing the title followed by the abstract, keywords, JEL Classification, and the main paper. The author's name should not be mentioned anywhere except in the first page (cover page).
- The manuscript should mention the time in which the research was conducted.
- All tables, charts, graphs, diagrams should be black and not in color. The images should be of high resolution and in black and white only. Number and complexity of such exhibits should be as low as possible. All charts and graphs should be drawn legibly and figures should be indicated in millions and billions.
- WE WILL NOT ACCEPT HARD COPIES OF THE PAPERS. There is no charge for submitting papers for blind review.
Points of Interest
- Plagiarism: ABBS takes issues of copyright infringement, plagiarism or other breaches of best practice in publication very seriously. We seek to protect the rights of our authors and we always investigate claims of plagiarism or misuse of published articles. Equally, we seek to protect the reputation of the journal against malpractice. Submitted articles may be checked with duplication-checking software. Where an article, for example, is found to have plagiarised other work or included third-party copyright material without permission or with insufficient acknowledgement, or where the authorship of the article is contested, we reserve the right to take action including, but not limited to: publishing an erratum or corrigendum (correction); retracting the article; taking up the matter with the head of department or dean of the author's institution and/or relevant academic bodies or societies; or taking appropriate legal action.
- Authors of manuscripts accepted by the Journal are prohibited from publishing the manuscript in any other publication (including any online publication) before the manuscript is published in the Journal, unless they receive approval to do so from the Journal editor.
- Any resubmission of a manuscript that was previously rejected by the Journal will be automatically rejected.
d) Submissions will be acknowledged via email upon receipt. Hence, it is mandatory to mention a valid email address with the submitted content. We strive to make an editorial decision in under 30 days, but circumstances beyond our control occasionally dictate a longer cycle.
- If authors are invited to prepare a revision for further consideration, our letters of invitation will outline the key issues to be resolved and an assessment of the likelihood of success.
- Authors are normally given three to six months from the date of the invitation to prepare a revision. Our policy is to strive to make a final publication decision after one or two revisions (of course, further work may also be requested to resolve any remaining issues).
- Manuscripts not accepted for publication will not be sent back to contributors. Contributors whose papers are accepted or rejected will be informed by email only.