The Startup Centre at ABBS is a shining beacon for students who harbour dreams of taking a path less trodden. The cell is a community singularly devoted to promoting entrepreneurship within the student fraternity.
Established in 2008 in collaboration with the National Entrepreneurship Network and Enactus, the Startup Centre has sparked a gentle entrepreneurial revolution at ABBS.
The Startup Centre offers a selection of aspiring entrepreneurs seed capital, infrastructure, mentorship, legal support and technical expertise. The cell has seen the genesis of more than twenty student-led startups since its birth, with three having been incubated in-house.
Innovation and Incubation Centre
E-Cell caters the need of today’s fast-growing institute by giving an idea to manage and manipulate the market strategies, knowledge and idea of competitive world. It is an endeavor, not only for entrepreneurs but also for the students who desire to have a better professional persona. This shall help students grow positive attitude towards entrepreneurship and help them foster a start-up individually.
E-Cell works in collaboration with alumni, faculty and the students committee. It aims to promote entrepreneurship drive among the students of ABBS. We shall be responsible for broadening up the link between student and alumni. Our works shall be for the development of startup, in and outside the campus.
- To create physical infrastructure and support systems necessary for business incubation activities.
- Services such as training or High-speed Internet access.
- Facilitate networking with professional resources, which include mentors, experts, consultants and advisors for the incubate companies.
- Links to higher education resources.
- Promote and facilitate knowledge creation, innovation and entrepreneurship activities.
- Established the Incubation and Innovation Centre to enable start up eco-system in the institute.
- The Institute would provide all the basic infrastructural support i.e. Office space, meeting room, platform to do networking, management assistance other support services specific to incubators.
Thrust Area of Proposed Incubation & Innovation Center
- Inculcating the spirit of entrepreneurship among students to become independent.
- Promoting the sense of being a job provider instead of job seeker which is the need of the time.
- Building an Idea into an enterprise through mentored team building efforts for startups incubated.
- Creation of a Support system for students to learn, create, test and validate, to bring their ideas into reality.
- Building a focused way towards experiential learning along with classroom session.
- Creating an opportunity for budding entrepreneurs to connect with industry experts to get real time support from them.
Activities of Incubator
- To create physical infrastructure and support system necessary for business incubation activities.
- Services such as training, high speed internet access.
- Facilitate networking with professional resources which include mentors, experts, consultants and advisors for the incubatee companies.
- The leading thinkers, expert of various incubators in the country.
- Industrialist and representatives of various Industrial associations, Research and Academic institutions.
- Officials of Government of India and Government of Karnataka.
- Academicians from leading institutions of India.
Facilities to Incubatees
- Seed Funding: Startup Fund and Government Seed Support.
- Networking: With Professional Experts, Consultants and advisor of incubatee companies.
- Mentoring: Promote and facilitate knowledge creation, innovation and entrepreneurship activities.
- Business Support Services: Consultants offering legal, IP, tax services.
- Branding: Permission to brand themselves as ‘ABBS Incubated Company’.