BA Economics, Statistics and Marketing is one of the most sought after BA programs. It opens up to the world of data analysis, probability, statistical inference, sampling theory, time series analysis, and operations research. Depending on the job role, a student can earn anywhere between 3 to 7 LPA after completion of BA Economics.
The opportunities for students after completing their BA Economics, Statistics and Marketing course is abundant in both the analytics field and the public sector area. With the huge requirement for analysts across several industries, students with a background in statistics, marketing and economics are hired in key analysis roles.
- Data analyst
- Sales analyst
- Market analyst
- Management consultant
- Financial analyst
- Investment administrator
- Risk analyst
- Equity analyst
Admission and Tuition
- Should have studied mathematics in 10+2 or PUC or an equivalent degree from a recognized board and a minimum aggregate of 40% in 10th and 12th.
The Admission selection process for undergraduate programs commences during January of every year and extends till the last date of admission as per the university regulations or availability of seats, whichever is earlier.
Note: Aspirants are instructed to personally confirm the admission dates and timelines from the admissions office.
Objectives of the Program+
The objective of the course is to provide a firm grounding in the subject, imbibe analytical skills and to develop a realistic and pragmatic perspective on the local, national, regional and international issues that figure in the syllabus.
To impart quality education to those seeking admission to the B.A Sociology, Psychology & Political sciences course. To equip the students to prepare themselves for careers in teaching and research, the Union and State Civil Services, and the non-governmental sector. To increase awareness among students on local, national and international issues, and strengthen their analytical skills and capabilities. To train students to be good citizens
The students will be able to demonstrate the following using the necessary software:
- Construction of frequency distribution and graphical representation.
- Measures of central tendency I
- Measures of central tendency II (Positional averages & Partition values).
- Measures of dispersion (Range, QD, MD, SD, and CV).
- Moments, skewness, and kurtosis for a frequency distribution.
- Correlation and regression for ungrouped data and Spearman’s rank correlation coefficient.
- Correlation and regression for grouped data
- Analysis of trivariate data.
- Computation of probabilities using combinatorial methods.
- Application of addition rule, conditional probability, Bayes formula.
Microsoft Excel, R programming.
21st century micro learning program: The certification is a unique online modular learning program introduced for the first time in India that focuses on critical thinking, problem solving, digital literacy, communication, design thinking, creative writing, cross cultural skills, productivity and accountability, leadership and social responsibility. The program is delivered by experts from DALHAM learning. Program Duration: 70 hours.
Bring Your Own Device+
As part of ABBS commitment to innovative learning strategies, the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) initiative is designed to enhance your learning experience. Through the use of online and mobile technologies in and out of the classroom, you will be able to access course materials, participate in collaborative learning environments and build the technological skills needed in today's workforce.